Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Creamy bread pudding with a great Amaretto sauce.
- 1 lb egg bread
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- Tear bread into 1 in pieces.
- Combine with milk and cream in a large bowl, let stand.
- Mix sugar, eggs, and almond extract thoroughly.
- add to bread mixture, make sure the bread is well coated.
- Add almonds, raisins and chopped apricots.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spoon mixture into dish and bake until firm approx 50 minutes.
- Cut into servings and top with sauce below.
- Stir sugar and butter in top of a double boiler until butter melts and sugar.
- Remove and whip egg with Amaretto and put into the sugar mixture.
Excellent! I had been looking for a recipe for a pastry I found in a Latino Bakery. Without the sauce and baking in a larger pan, this was the just about the same recipe. Thanks for posting this.