Recipe by MechanicalJen
As a kid - I would never eat my vegetables. Then again, they were raw or boiled. When they're jazzed up, it gets much easier to eat like you know you're supposed to! Hope everyone enjoys.
- 6 celery ribs
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup corn
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced and seeded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- De-string celery and cut into 2 inch lengths. Place in a single layer o na large skillet.
- Add tomatoes with juice (breaking up large pieces), garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Combine corn, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over celery mixture. Simmer, covered 10 to 12 minutes until celery is tender, stirring once.
- Serve in shallow bowls, sprinkle with cilantro before serving!