Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of several "spice mixes" that I've used for years. Its an easy way of adding a "Mexican flavor" to casseroles, grilled meats, salads, etc. Experiment with it.
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Mix together and store in a tightly capped jar.
- Use: Stir 1 to 2 teaspoons into salsa or guacamole.
- Can be added to chili, used as a seasoning for meat or chicken prior to grilling or baking.
- Add 1 teaspoon of mix to olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped fresh cilantro for a"mexican vinaigrette" dressing.
Excellent! I used it on grilled veggies, and added it to some bread crumbs when baking chicken breast. Viva La Mexican Spice Blend!
I made this spice mix for the Mexican Pasta Salad I was making. Loved the mix,wasnt so thrilled with the salad..I know I will use this alot in my mexican cooking..
Five stars for convenience and using standard pantry ingredients! Like Carole, I used this to make a delicious Mexican Pasta Salad. Thanx Dee!