Good side dish to a Mexican entree.
Make and share this Mexican Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, chili and cumin and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coarsely mash beans with potato masher.
- Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- I add the monterey jack cheese on top and microwave for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.