- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, chili and cumin and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coarsely mash beans with potato masher.
- Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- I add the monterey jack cheese on top and microwave for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.