Recipe by AbbaGav
My wife plucked this from one of the various emails she receives. It's quick. It's easy. It's good.
- 2 (24 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, canned
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cook until beans are tender, approximately 1/2 an hour.
- Puree with a hand-blender until a few chunks remain but mostly smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips if desired for crushing into each bowl of soup, but it's pretty good by itself too.