Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a sauce that accompanies an entree; it's pooled onto each serving plate, and the main dish, such as a chili relleno or a chicken breast, is placed on top.
- Coat a 2 quart saucepan with vegetable spray and heat; add garlic and shallots; saute 2 minutes.
- Add white wine, sherry, black beans and one and a half cups of broth; simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
- Blend with a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the pureed beans back into the pan, and warm puree, add chili powder and enough additional broth to make sauce the consistency of heavy cream.
- Season with cilantro, salt and pepper.
This sauce was delicious! My whole family enjoyed it.