lynnski / LA's Note:
This is a sauce that accompanies an entree; it's pooled onto each serving plate, and the main dish, such as a chili relleno or a chicken breast, is placed on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a 2 quart saucepan with vegetable spray and heat; add garlic and shallots; saute 2 minutes.
- 2Add white wine, sherry, black beans and one and a half cups of broth; simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3Blend with a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 4Pour the pureed beans back into the pan, and warm puree, add chili powder and enough additional broth to make sauce the consistency of heavy cream.
- 5Season with cilantro, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 518.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g