Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great tasting recipe that has become a family favorite. Found off the CookingLight website.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 6 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add first 3 ingredients (onion, pepper, beef).
- Cook until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain well.
- Return meat mixture to pan.
- Add broth and next 8 ingredients (broth through beans).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle chili into soup bowls.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro.
Very good recipe. Had all the ingredients handy - but only one can of beans, so that's all I used.