Delicious vegetarian recipe found on Forks over Knives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 5 cups homemade vegetable broth or 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium black beans or 7 cups cooked black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can salt-free unsweetened sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 4 teaspoons roasted cumin or 4 teaspoons regular cumin
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped to garnish
- 1In a large pot, sauté the onion, celery, carrots and garlic in 1 cup of vegetable broth over medium heat for 6-7 minutes. Add chipotle chili powder, roasted cumin, and black pepper and cook for another minute or two. Stir in the remaining vegetable broth, 4 cups (or 2.5 cans) of beans, and sweet corn. Turn to high heat and bring to a boil.
- 2Add remaining 3 cups (or 1.5 cans) of beans and crushed tomatoes to a Vitamix or blender and process until smooth. Stir into soup when boiling, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes until beans and vegetables are done to your desired tenderness.
- 3Taste test. Add Herbamare or salt to taste and lime juice.
- 4Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Black Bean and Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.5
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 985.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium black beans