Recipe by peppermintkitty
This is a crusty sweet biscuit that is good served with hot chocolate, coffee or tea. It is an inexpensive, very quick and easy treat. I like them best when they are fresh from the oven. They are very easy to prepare and I've added a little cinnamon to the powdered sugar that is mixed in with the butter. I like to make them on mornings we get to sleep in for a late morning "get yourself going" sweet biscuit served with coffee. I also like to make them if I know my girlfriends are coming over for morning coffee. I found this in a little South West cookbook about 10 yrs ago. Just something special for those of us that don't (but should,smile) eat breakfast. They are an easy treat for the kids to help make. You need to help them roll them in the powdered sugar, as it is done when hot from the oven. I'm not sure how long they would keep,,ours are always gone! I believe they should be ok stored in a zip locked bag,,for a day or so. I want to try doubling recipe to freeze some to have on hand as I think they would freeze well, but I'm not sure how good they would be re-heated. This is not a large quantity recipe, just enough for a couple biscuits for 2 people.
Top Review by Pierre Dance
What a find! These are marvelous! I made a double batch for a friend who came over to watch a movie on DVD. We had to stop the movie and make a second batch. We spread them with cream cheese and a kiss of Cholulla hot sauce. THANX
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- extra powdered sugar (in a flat dish or plate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add in flour, pecans and vanilla and mix together.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of a glass that has been dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake in 300°F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When done, roll each in powdered sugar while still warm.
- If you like cinnamon, you may add it to the dough or in the powdered sugar you roll the baked biscuit inches.
- My granddaughter likes to spread a little jam on hers, but that is too sweet for me.
- Best served warm from the oven with coffee, hot chocolate or your favorite warm drink.