Recipe by 2bizzy
I found this recipe in Midwest Living Magazine years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. It's great warmed up in the microwave the next day, too! Note: I often times just use the Bisquick box recipe for biscuits and make a dozen to spread evenly over the casserole. I also have fun cutting them in different shapes on occasion.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 3 1⁄4 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown.
- Drain fat.
- Add taco-seasoning mix according to package directions except use 1/2 cup water.
- Add the undrained kidney beans and drained corn; bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix and milk, stirring until all is moistened.
- Mix for 30 seconds more.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 inch round biscuit cutter, making 10 biscuits.
- Spoon hot meat mixture into a 13x9x2 inch (3 quart rectangular) baking dish and top with cheese.
- Immediately place biscuits on top and bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Remove from oven and let stand for at least five minutes before serving.