Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Warm yourself up with this stew. Adjust the chili powder and taco seasoning to suit your taste.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) canwhole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a 4 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours until beef is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency.
Very tasty. I used about half a pkg. of taco seasoning and it was just right for us. My 9 yr. old daughter and I also mixed shredded cheddar and sour cream to our servings. Yummy. My daughter asked to have this for her school lunch the next day.<br/>I cooked this for 2 hours on high and 3 hours on low. Worked out fine.
Great stew! The beef was so tender and moist - and very flavorful. The kids and DH loved it so it was a perfect family meal, and it was so easy to put together in the morning before work. Just the perfect thing to come home to after trick-or-treating. We'll be having this again :) Thanks SJG3483!
Wonderful Stew, I cut recipe in half, for two people, DH loved it. I used recipe#105993 for packet of taco seasoning and just cut up 1/2 cup of onion, everything else the same. Will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing recipe!!