Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained and mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil and brown meat over medium heat. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic, stirring until tender.
- Add meat and remaining ingredients back to pan. Heat to a boil, cover and cook for about 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Note: Water may be added while cooking if necessary.
It was super easy to make, feeds an army and tastes great! I did add a few jalepeno rings and a little more diced tomatoes and water. It is wonderful!!!