Recipe by dtgadgetgirl
A great one dish meal that is fast and easy to prepare. Great for a quick supper or a campfire meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion in a large skillet.
- Add beans, rice, water and salsa.
- Cover and let simmer over medium low heat for 20 minute until heated through.
- Top with cheese and let cheese melt.
- Top with sour cream if desired and serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.