Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A type of Mexican stew/casserole: can be used as filling for tacos or tostadas
Make and share this Mexican Beef Discada recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, sliced small
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 chipotles bell peppers, minced
- 12 ounces negra modelo beer (dark Mexican beer)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1. Preheat a large skillet to medium heat for a few minutes. Add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Add the garlic, chorizo and cook for a few minutes.
- 2. Turn the heat up slightly, move the chorizo mixture to the outer edges of skillet and add the beef to the center of pan. Cook until nicely browned and seared in some spots. You may need to add a touch of oil to help the meat brown.
- 3. Add the onions, potatoes, chipotle, and tomatoes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the beer and beef broth, stir well to mix. When it comes to a boil, reduce heat slightly and add the Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, pepper, and salt (if needed). Cover and cook until the liquid is reduced and becomes thicker. Add in the cilantro during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- 4. NOTE: Serve with corn tortilla, Pico de Gallo, and garnish with cilantro. Serve with a side of Mexican red rice or refried beans.