Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My take on a cheesy casserole.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet, until crumbly.
- Add chopped onion, taco seasoning, water, tomato sauce, and pinto beans.
- Cook until thickened.
- In casserole dish layer meat mixture, shredded cheese and chips.
- Top with extra cheese.
- Heat in oven for 15 minutes at 350°F.
This taste like taco salad. We topped ours with sour cream and we loved it. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Loved this! I was in a "I don't feel like cooking" mood last night and this was so easy to make with things I usually keep on hand. The only change I made was to use light red kidney beans, because I discovered at the last minute that I was out of pinto beans. Quick, easy and good. I'll be making this again.