Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves this.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 (12 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Brown meat with garlic, cumin and basil.
- Add rotel, beans, and corn.
- Simmer a few minutes.
- Spread a layer of chips in a casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 meat mixture.
- Cube or slice velvetta over the meat mixture.
- Layer more chips & meat mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 until cheese melts and bubbles.
- Serve with sour cream.
This was pretty good. If I make this again, I think I'll add a little more corn. I couldn't even tell that there was any in there! I used pinto beans instead of black beans, just because that is what I had on hand. Thanks for the recipe!