Recipe by Julie in TX
This is a great crockpot recipe to serve on a cold winter day. I serve it with a little grated cheese to put on top and cornbread. This will put some pep in your step!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa (I use Pace)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the beef with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown beef.
- Stir often.
- Place beef, onion, beans, corn, consome, salsa, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder in 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until beef is done.
- You may also cook it on high for 4-5 hours if you are pressed for time.