Mexican Beef and Cornbread Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add beef and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Pour beef into a paper towel lined strainer and drain well.
- Return beef to skillet. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup of hot water. Add to skillet, along with tomatoes, corn, green pepper, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal, 3 1/2 cups water, salt, and margarine in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Place beef mixture in 2-quart baking dish. Spoon cornmeal mixture over beef, spreading to cover.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes until topping is golden.