Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
They're very simple to make and they're the best you'll have. They can accompany different recipes or be used as an appetizer. My mother is the one that taught me this recipe and it's a favorite in my household. My 2-year-old really likes them too. They're for all ages! Enjoy!
- 1 (540 ml) can romano beans (do not drain)
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans (do not drain)
- 1 big green bell pepper (cut in med cubes)
- 1 medium onion (cut in med cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, cheese (or jack, grated)
- onion powder, to taste (at least 1 tbsp)
- garlic powder, to taste (at least 1 tbsp)
- chili powder, to taste (at least 2 tbsp)
- Brown the green pepper, onion, and garlic in a skillet. Spice up with 2 pinches of chili powder.
- Put the beans in a medium pot. Bring them to a boil on medium high heat. Remove from heat.
- Mash the beans until smooth (there will be small pieces of bean). Put back on medium low heat.
- Add the browned veggies and the cheese to the mashed beans. Mix.
- Spice with onion, garlic, and chili powder to taste.