Recipe by SaraStar
This is one of my very few successful attempts at throwing things together on a whim. Cooking time is a rough estimate based on memory.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 large jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch cumin
- 4 medium tomatillos, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (preferably low-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Add onion, jalapeno, garlic and cumin. Cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatillos. Cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Add pinto beans and cilantro. Cook 2-3 more minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve beans over rice. Top with cheese and/or sour cream if desired. Leftovers, without toppings, are particularly good reheated after a day or so.