Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can substitute for a Mexican bean dip, it is also great broiled in the oven covered with a slice of cheese or tomato, and sprinkled with oregano. I would also consider it on a pita with sprout and veggies.
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained cooked or 2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons ketchup or 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- herb-seasoned salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Blend the above ingredients in a food processor or blender, adding ketchup for desired consistency.