Recipe by jazmine9293
This is an amazing authentic mexican recipe past down 3 generations
Top Review by Greenamerican
This came out tasting like the bean soup I used to have at a friends house all of the time. I only used bacon as a meat (fried it only halfway before tossing it in) and I also only used maybe half the salt or less. Didn't have to soak the beans, which I was happy to learn. And I added about a tsp of cayenne. Can't wait to heat some more up!
- 1⁄2 lb dry pinto beans
- 8 cups water or 8 cups as needed to boil beans
- 1 cup of uncooked bacon
- 1 cup hot dog
- 1 1⁄2 cups Canadian bacon, cubed
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, chilie
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.) In a medium pot put 1/2 lb of pinto beans along with water and boil on high for 4 hours or untill soft adding more water as needed.
- 2.)Mean While slice bacon into small peices, cube winners and canadian bacon into small cubes. (Do so ones beans are almost cooked) Slice vegtables small(tomatoe,Jalapeno,onion and cilantro ) and set aside.
- 3.) In a large pan fry bacon untill medium brown and put bacon and bacon fat along with boiling beans.Now reduce pot to low.
- 4.) On same pan where bacon was sauted add winners and canadian bacon. Fry untill brown.
- 5.) Now add winners and canadian bacon to pot along with vegtables and seasoning and put heat on high for five minutes.