Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
This is the perfect salad to take to a family reunion or potluck. It's colorful, keeps well and is full of flavor without being too spicy or vinegary. I think the Sun Vista brand of beans has the best flavor for this recipe. Passive cooking time is chill time.
- 425.24 g can black beans
- 425.24 g can pinto beans
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro (1 T if dried)
- 283.49 g packagefrozen corn
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml crushed garlic
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml kosher salt (less if regular table salt)
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 0.5 ml chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Combine beans, onion, red pepper, cilantro and corn in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except for the chili powder.
- Pour dressing over beans and mix well.
- Sprinkle a dash of chili powder over the top of the salad.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Before serving, toss salad again, then add another dash of chili powder and spread avocado over the top of the salad.
- (Don't add the avocado until right before serving.).
Love,love this recipe! Just bought a garlic/ lemon flavored olive oil & cilantro& garlic and jalapeño flavored balsamic vinaigrette at a festival this weekend & used them in place of the wine vinegar and olive oil..<br/> DELICIOUS and it hasn't even marinated or had the avocado or chili powder added yet!!!
Excellent lunch salad! I had to use red kidney beans, as we don't have pinto beans here, and I reduced the oil to 1/3 cup. Kept everything else the same and served with some chopped jalapeÃ±o on the side, so everyone could adjust the spice level to their own tastes. This was a nice simple, light summer salad that was a hit with everyone. Thanks puppitypup!
I reduced the olive oil to 1/3 c., substituted the pinto beans with kidney beans, and reduced the salt to 1 tsp. This is absolutely delicious.