Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
This is the perfect salad to take to a family reunion or potluck. It's colorful, keeps well and is full of flavor without being too spicy or vinegary. I think the Sun Vista brand of beans has the best flavor for this recipe. Passive cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (1 T if dried)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (less if regular table salt)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 dashes chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Combine beans, onion, red pepper, cilantro and corn in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except for the chili powder.
- Pour dressing over beans and mix well.
- Sprinkle a dash of chili powder over the top of the salad.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Before serving, toss salad again, then add another dash of chili powder and spread avocado over the top of the salad.
- (Don't add the avocado until right before serving.).
we all loved this. Only change is I only added about a T. of the oil. Great flavors.
Love,love this recipe! Just bought a garlic/ lemon flavored olive oil & cilantro& garlic and jalapeño flavored balsamic vinaigrette at a festival this weekend & used them in place of the wine vinegar and olive oil..<br/> DELICIOUS and it hasn't even marinated or had the avocado or chili powder added yet!!!
This is awesome! so flavorful and healthy. I added a minced up a jalapeno and 1/4 lb. small multi-colored pasta, to make it go even further. Everyone loved it, and it's so pretty. Adding diced jicama also adds crunch.