1/3 Photos of Mexican Bean Salad
1 hr 50 mins
This is the perfect salad to take to a family reunion or potluck. It's colorful, keeps well and is full of flavor without being too spicy or vinegary. I think the Sun Vista brand of beans has the best flavor for this recipe. Passive cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (1 T if dried)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (less if regular table salt)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 dashes chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1Drain and rinse beans.
- 2Combine beans, onion, red pepper, cilantro and corn in a very large bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except for the chili powder.
- 4Pour dressing over beans and mix well.
- 5Sprinkle a dash of chili powder over the top of the salad.
- 6Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 7Before serving, toss salad again, then add another dash of chili powder and spread avocado over the top of the salad.
- 8(Don't add the avocado until right before serving.).
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 352.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g