Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A good friend of mine that I go to church with gave me this recipe. A great pot luck pleaser.
Make and share this Mexican Bean Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can tamale, remove wrappers
- 1 can corn or 1 can hominy, drained
- 1 can chili bean, not rinsed
- 1 can kidney bean, not rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans or 1 can pork and beans, not rinsed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Brown beef and add onion.
- Cut tamales into bite size pieces.
- Add tamales, drained corn or hominy, chili beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, garlic powder, and tomato sauce.
- Put everything into a crockpot and mix gently.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Stir gently from bottom one or two times.
- Can increase the amount by adding more tamales, beans, or tomato sauce.
- Freezes well if you have left overs.
We thought this was good. We had cornbread with this. As my DS said, It just made it. Thanks for posting.
This is REALLY good and easy to make! I served it with flour tortilas and sour cream and made burritos. Next time I'll cut up some lettuce and tomatoes to go with it.