Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick healthy dish to serve as a snack or accompanied with salad for light meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 420 g mexican style beans, drained
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- milk, for glazing
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Saute capsicum, potatoes and onion for 3 minutes until onion is tender. Add tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in beans and cheese. Season to taste.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4.
- Place 2 tbs filling in centre and fold in half diagonally, wetting edges with water. Seal to close with a fork pressed on edges.
- Make 2 slits on top of pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush with a little milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.