Recipe by fluffystew
Sounds strange, but is highly addictive. Be sure to dip to the bottom to experience the combination of flavours. Has been a family favourite for many years. Looks great in a glass dish. Makes lots for a party - but we usually reserve at least one plate for home!
- 2 cans refried beans
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 -5 finely chopped jalapenos
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 package taco seasoning (or partial package - mix to taste)
- 3 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tomatoes, chopped (firm, not runny)
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients for each layer in separate bowls.
- Spread layer 1 into pie plates (makes approximately 3 pie plates) or you could try a 9x13 pan.
- Carefully spread layer 2 on top of refried bean mixture (it will be a bit thinner than the first layer).
- Spread layer 3 on top of the avocado mixture.
- Just before serving, sprinkle your favourite combination of toppings around the inner edge of the pie plate.
- Serve with tortilla chips.