Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from allrecipes.com. The original recipe states that these burgers can be fried, grilled, or baked.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch chili powder
- Steam carrot until soft.
- Mash beans and carrot in a large bowl. Mix in green pepper, onion, salsa, bread crumbs, and whoe wheat flour. Add more flour to create a firmer mixture or more salsa if the mixture is too stiff.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Bake at 425* for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
These are delicious. We didn't miss the meat at all. These burgers are simple and quick to make. We didn't add much to them except for a little mayo on the hamburger bun. We will definitely be making these again and again.
These were great. I omitted the green pepper, onion and carrot in an attempt to appeal to my sons. It worked! They loved them! We had them simply on a plate piled high with condiments. I used my food processor to "mash" the beans and added in the salsa and breadcrumbs. It then got to thick so I dumped it into a bowl and added in the flour by hand. It worked out perfectly. I found that spraying the baking sheet with cooking spray helped them not stick. I flipped mine over about halfway through to get that nice crustiness on both sides. I will make these again. Thanks for sharing!
i have been making these burgers for years and even my meat-eating father thinks they are delicious! This is the best homemade veggie burger recipe i have found and we always make them on the grill.