Recipe by janem123
This recipe is from allrecipes.com. The original recipe states that these burgers can be fried, grilled, or baked.
Top Review by naydawn
These are delicious. We didn't miss the meat at all. These burgers are simple and quick to make. We didn't add much to them except for a little mayo on the hamburger bun. We will definitely be making these again and again.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam carrot until soft.
- Mash beans and carrot in a large bowl. Mix in green pepper, onion, salsa, bread crumbs, and whoe wheat flour. Add more flour to create a firmer mixture or more salsa if the mixture is too stiff.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Bake at 425* for 15-20 minutes or until browned.