Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with a spicy salsa
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons beer or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, beer, beans, salt, and pepper in a medium size bowl.
- Line loaf pan with tortillas, overlapping and letting tortillas extend above loaf. Spoon mixture into tortilla lined loaf pan. Moisten edges of tortillas and fold over meat mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in center reads 165°F Let stand in pan 10 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
- Meat and other Loaves.