1 hr 30 mins
Chef #355314's Note:
This is a recipe i made up 2 weeks ago. It is medium spicy and my family loved it. We love ribs and sauerkraut so I served sauerkraut on the side. I only use Franks sauerkraut, it has just the right taste. You may not think that the ingredients don't sound good but all the flavors will come together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -8 country-style pork ribs
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup Mexican chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, I used the ones that have spices already in them. (the label says mexican style)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 large onion, you may use as many as you like
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups red table wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cajun spices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut (optional)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1Rub the ribs with chili powder and cajun spice.
- 2Place oil in frying pan and brown ribs on all sides.
- 3while browning ribs take casserole dish and line with foil so you can seal ribs in dish with foil.
- 4when ribs are browned place in casserole dish.
- 5pour BBQ sauce over ribs.
- 6pour 1 cup of salsa over ribs.
- 7chop onions and peppers and saute in same pan as ribs.
- 8place onions and peppers over and around ribs.
- 9mix red wine and worcestershire sauce to deglaze pan and pour over ribs.
- 10add water to dish.
- 11open can of tomatoes and pour over meat.
- 12fold foil over so you seal the dish.
- 13bake in oven at 375 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 14check ribs after 1 1/2 hours and add a little more water if needed.
- 15heat sauerkraut in pot
- 16The meat should fall off when checked with fork.
- 17when done remove meat from dish and use the sauce in dish over meat or potatoes.
- 18Serve with your favorite veggie and salsa on the side and sauerkraut.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Barbecue Country Style Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1598.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: