For best effect use a chafing dish and flambe at the table. Otherwise be quick from the stove to the table (don't trip) dim the lights and voila, ooohs and ahhs from everyone. Very luscious dessert and wonderful with the cold ice cream and the hot sauce. Romantic too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put scoops of Ice cream in four dishes and keep in the freezer until serving.
- 2Just before serving melt butter (margarine) in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat Stir in the sugar.
- 3Add Orange juice & Lime juice.
- 4Cook stirring frequently until the sauce has thickened 6-8 minutes.
- 5Add Kahlua.
- 6Add bananas to the sauce, cook turning the bananas gently, heat just through and turn in the sauce so they are all coated evenly.
- 7Heat the rum in a small saucepan over low heat for about 1 minute or until just warm (Do not allow to bubble).
- 8Pour rum over the hot banana mixture, immediately ignite (use a long match).
- 9Stir with long handle spoon until flame subside.
- 10Place bananas around the ice cream and spoon sauce over all.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Bananas Flambe With Ice Cream (Platanos Flameados)
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g