WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Vegetarian Times. This is very good. I had a bit of trouble getting the 6" tortillas to fit in the muffin cup, but I folded them in a bit and it worked. It took longer than the 7 minutes for them to be crispy enough, but I could also open them up a bit to get more ice cream in once I put them in bowls. I also used 1/2 C hot cocoa mix (presweetened) for the sauce and it turned out great. You could even dip any leftover tortilla cups in any leftover sauce. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1To make Cinnamon-Choc. sauce: Whisk together sugar, cocoa, butter, cinnamon and water in saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3To make Banana Splits: Preheat oven to 400°F Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 4Combine sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- 5Brush tortillas with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Flip and repeat on opposite side.
- 6Press tortillas into muffin tins to make cups. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until brown and crispy. Cool in pans.
- 7Place 2 or 3 banana slices in bottom of each tortilla cup.
- 8Top with scoop of ice cream and drizzle with Cinnamon-Choc. sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining banana slices and almonds, and serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Banana Splits
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 268.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light dulce de leche ice cream