Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Vegetarian Times. This is very good. I had a bit of trouble getting the 6" tortillas to fit in the muffin cup, but I folded them in a bit and it worked. It took longer than the 7 minutes for them to be crispy enough, but I could also open them up a bit to get more ice cream in once I put them in bowls. I also used 1/2 C hot cocoa mix (presweetened) for the sauce and it turned out great. You could even dip any leftover tortilla cups in any leftover sauce. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 pint light dulce de leche ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (or favorite nut)
- To make Cinnamon-Choc. sauce: Whisk together sugar, cocoa, butter, cinnamon and water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make Banana Splits: Preheat oven to 400°F Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- Brush tortillas with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Flip and repeat on opposite side.
- Press tortillas into muffin tins to make cups. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until brown and crispy. Cool in pans.
- Place 2 or 3 banana slices in bottom of each tortilla cup.
- Top with scoop of ice cream and drizzle with Cinnamon-Choc. sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining banana slices and almonds, and serve.