Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is wonderful served with banana churros. What a wonderful way to top off a Mexican dinner- or maybe eat instead of dinner! Recipe is from Today's Kitchen Cookbook and recipe is by Ivy Stark
Chocolate Kahlua Sauce
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces unsweetened mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1 quart cow's milk or 1 quart goat's milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 quart peanut butter ice cream
- whipped cream
- chopped toasted peanuts
- Kahlua Sauce: Place chocolate in a bowl. Bring the cream and the kahlua to a boil and pour over chocolate, stirring until combined. Keep warm.
- Cajeta: Place the milk, sugar, and vanilla in a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and allow to reduce to a thick caramel, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Strain and keep warm.
- To assemble: Slice the bananas into long strips on the bias and saute in a little bit of butter until golden brown. Lay the banana strips in the bottom of four serving dishes.
- Place one scoop of each ice cream in each serving dish and pour the sauces over the ice cream.
- Top with the whipped cream, toasted peanuts and warm banana churros.
really easy i cheated on sauces though walmart has the cajeta and i got it on sale lol and mixed a little kahlau with herseys , not to much though , i get tipsy .and made up my own peanut butter ice cream by mixing peanut butter in vanilla ice cream ,softened of course