This is wonderful served with banana churros. What a wonderful way to top off a Mexican dinner- or maybe eat instead of dinner! Recipe is from Today's Kitchen Cookbook and recipe is by Ivy Stark
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chocolate Kahlua Sauce
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces unsweetened mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 1Kahlua Sauce: Place chocolate in a bowl. Bring the cream and the kahlua to a boil and pour over chocolate, stirring until combined. Keep warm.
- 2Cajeta: Place the milk, sugar, and vanilla in a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and allow to reduce to a thick caramel, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Strain and keep warm.
- 3To assemble: Slice the bananas into long strips on the bias and saute in a little bit of butter until golden brown. Lay the banana strips in the bottom of four serving dishes.
- 4Place one scoop of each ice cream in each serving dish and pour the sauces over the ice cream.
- 5Top with the whipped cream, toasted peanuts and warm banana churros.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Banana Splits
Serving Size: 1 (700 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1131.6
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 333.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 129.8 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peanut butter ice cream