Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
When I traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico last year for a business trip, we ate at a steak restaurant that served very similar baked potatoes with the steak, along with charro beans. To my surprise, I found this similar recipe in one of my cookbooks. I was excited to be able to re-create this recipe at home!
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- shredded longhorn cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Bake potatoes until done.
- Slice open the potatoes lengthwise.
- Remove pulp from potatoes and mash.
- Reserve potato skins.
- Mix mashed potatoes, chilies, chopped eggs, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Fill potato skins with the potato mixture.
- Top potatoes with cheese.
- Heat potatoes at 400F for 15 minutes.
These are a meal in themselves. I only used 4 potatoes and overstuffed them. Will be making these again. Thanks for another great recipe.
YUM! I doubled the amount of green chilies and used a blend of jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla and asadero cheeses. It made an excellent dinner and I was very tempted to eat 2! Thanks for sharing this one Pac Baby!
I love, love, LOVE anything with green chilies and cheese so this was a must try. WHOA! This is one potato recipe that will be quickly memorized from repetition. These really are ideal for a complete lunch, (I too overstuffed them), or as a meal side dish. Thank you, Kim D, for your re-creation and posting it.