Recipe by Kim D.
When I traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico last year for a business trip, we ate at a steak restaurant that served very similar baked potatoes with the steak, along with charro beans. To my surprise, I found this similar recipe in one of my cookbooks. I was excited to be able to re-create this recipe at home!
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- shredded longhorn cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes until done.
- Slice open the potatoes lengthwise.
- Remove pulp from potatoes and mash.
- Reserve potato skins.
- Mix mashed potatoes, chilies, chopped eggs, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Fill potato skins with the potato mixture.
- Top potatoes with cheese.
- Heat potatoes at 400F for 15 minutes.