Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Soup to Nuts." I'm posting the interesting recipes from that book for future use. This sounds different and easy to prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 4 (4 ounce) flounder fillets
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- fat free sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in medium saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add tomatoes, chiles, chili powder and pepper.
- Simmer, covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg white and skim milk in shallow dish.
- Dip fish in egg mixture and coat with cornmeal.
- Place in singel layer in baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon sauce over fillets and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with avocado slices and dollop of sour cream.