Recipe by PaulaG
I have no idea where this recipe comes from. It is very easy to fix, good and good for you. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by KateL
"Don't lose this recipe!" declared DH. We followed this recipe for Rockfish (Striped Bass), and it was a perfect match! It was too hot to shop, so I substituted 1 tablespoon of dehydrated onion, and shortened the saute to 1:30, and used 1 tablespoon of dry nonfat skim milk with 1 tablespoon water; all worked out deliciously! These were very spicy, but within our tolerance. Best reason to keep Rotel on hand at all times! Made for I Recommend tag.
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 283.49 g can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 0.59 ml red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 14.79 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml yellow cornmeal
- 4 flounder fillets (4 oz each)
- 118.29 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder and red pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- In shallow dish, beat egg white and milk until it begins to foam.
- Place corn meal on wax paper, dip fillets in egg mixture, then in corn meal.
- Spray a 13 x 9 in baking dish with non-stick cooking spary and place fillets in dish.
- Pour sauce over fish, sprinkle with cheese and bake about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.