1/3 Photos of Mexican Baked Fish
I have no idea where this recipe comes from. It is very easy to fix, good and good for you. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 flounder fillets (4 oz each)
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes, chili powder and red pepper, bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 5In shallow dish, beat egg white and milk until it begins to foam.
- 6Place corn meal on wax paper, dip fillets in egg mixture, then in corn meal.
- 7Spray a 13 x 9 in baking dish with non-stick cooking spary and place fillets in dish.
- 8Pour sauce over fish, sprinkle with cheese and bake about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Baked Fish
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 975.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g