Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have no idea where this recipe comes from. It is very easy to fix, good and good for you. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 flounder fillets (4 oz each)
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder and red pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- In shallow dish, beat egg white and milk until it begins to foam.
- Place corn meal on wax paper, dip fillets in egg mixture, then in corn meal.
- Spray a 13 x 9 in baking dish with non-stick cooking spary and place fillets in dish.
- Pour sauce over fish, sprinkle with cheese and bake about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
"Don't lose this recipe!" declared DH. We followed this recipe for Rockfish (Striped Bass), and it was a perfect match! It was too hot to shop, so I substituted 1 tablespoon of dehydrated onion, and shortened the saute to 1:30, and used 1 tablespoon of dry nonfat skim milk with 1 tablespoon water; all worked out deliciously! These were very spicy, but within our tolerance. Best reason to keep Rotel on hand at all times! Made for I Recommend tag.
Fantastic fish! This is so delicious. I used mahi-mahi and a Mexican-style blend of cheese. We really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing and for adopting me in PAC!
I made this last night using plain tomatoes with added mild peppers & a dash of sambal oelek for heat. The fish of choice was Hake. DH & I enjoyed this easy to make fish dish but don't be like me & forget to spray the pan, mine all stuck so they didn't look the prettiest but they sure tasted good!