Recipe by Pellerin
For the "non-fish-eaters" in your family. This is festive looking, as well as very tasty!
Top Review by e_philp
This was definitely easy and kid-friendly, but the fish gets overpowered. Also, although I expected to enjoy them, I was not a big fan of the corn chips on top. Still, if you are trying to get a kid to eat more fish, I think this would do the trick.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cod (or halibut or red snapper)
- 1⁄3 cup salsa (I used Pace Medium)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely crushed Fritos corn chips
- 1⁄2 large Hass avocado (peeled, pitted, sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º. Lightly grease 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Rinse fish fillets under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Lay fillets side by side in the prepared baking dish. Pour the salsa over the top, and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese. Top with the crushed corn chips. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15+ minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork. Serve topped with sliced avocado and sour cream.