- 8 ounces canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed (reserve 2 tbsp. of the liquid)
- 4 ounces low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 ounces sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 fluid ounces mexican beer
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced and seeded
- 3⁄4 teaspoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tomato sauce, onion, beer, molasses, mustard, jalapeno pepper, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes; mix well.
- Transfer to a 1-quart casserole dish and bake 45-50 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven; stir in cilantro and serve.