Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a mexican casserole that is both sweet and spicy. Simple to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 11 ounces Mexican-style corn
- 16 ounces salsa
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Brown and drain beef.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Add onion and taco seasoning to beef.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour meat mixture into 9 x 13 pan.
- Layer ingredients in the order listed above - only layer enough to cover the previous layer - for example, you do not need to use the entire jar of salsa.
- Prepare cornbread according to directions on box.
- Immediately pour cornbread over cheeses.
- Bake according to directions on cornbread mix.
- More baking time may be required because cornbread will be thick.
- Serve with chips/salsa and margaritas.