Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tortillas make wonderful "packages" for fruits, as well as beans. Mexican cooks often use combinations of fruits and cheese rolled up with hot fruit. This apple filling, laced with the flavors of lime and apricot is really delectable.
- 36 inches flour tortillas
- 2 large golden delicious apples, unpeeled, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fruit-only apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stack tortillas and wrap them tightly in alumimum foil. Heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- While tortillas are heating, combine apples, raisins, orange juice, lime juice, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes until apples are tender.
- To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon of jam on each of the heated tortillas. Divide apple mixture evenly and spoon it along the center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla up tightly into a cylinder and place each seam-side down on a serving plate. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve right away.
These were very delightful. Made for dessert last night, and and along with the fruit and flavors, I will be making again. Made for Recipe Swap#34.
These were delicious ~ loved the combination of flavors from the apples, raisins, juices and spice. Very quick and easy to make. I made some for dinner desert, and had some left over to reheat for an afternoon sweet treat. Thanks for a new keeper. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009!