Recipe by morgainegeiser
Tortillas make wonderful "packages" for fruits, as well as beans. Mexican cooks often use combinations of fruits and cheese rolled up with hot fruit. This apple filling, laced with the flavors of lime and apricot is really delectable.
- 36 inches flour tortillas
- 2 large golden delicious apples, unpeeled, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fruit-only apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stack tortillas and wrap them tightly in alumimum foil. Heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- While tortillas are heating, combine apples, raisins, orange juice, lime juice, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes until apples are tender.
- To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon of jam on each of the heated tortillas. Divide apple mixture evenly and spoon it along the center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla up tightly into a cylinder and place each seam-side down on a serving plate. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve right away.