Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From an old magazine clipping.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 4 cups granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- whipped topping
- Brush one side of tortillas with 2 T. melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Place 6 tortillas in bottom and up the sides of a greased 11x7 pan.
- Cover tortillas with apples.
- Combine milk, eggs, 2 T. butter,lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Pour over apples.
- Top with remaining tortillas, covering completely.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minute
- Bake uncovered for 15 mor minutes.
- Let stand 10 minute.
- Serve with whipped topping.
The filling had an excellent flavor, but the tortilla's were a little tough to cut. I may experiment a little with it to improve it. I might tear the tortilla's to cover the top. Otherwise, we all enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.