Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
I first eat them as a dessert in an Mexican restaurant in Athens. After a couple of years I found this recipe in a magazine. They taste a lot like Greek Kourambiedes.
- 350 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Beat the butter with the sugar, add the yolk, the vanilla.
- Using hand to make the dough add the almonds and the flour until the dough is soft but not sticky.
- Make cookies at the size of a walnut and place in baking sheets.
- Bake at 325F for 30-35 minutes.
- Dust with the rest of the icing sugar.
Katia these are lovely cookies, we really enjoyed the nice subtle flavor and the texture. Thank you for sharing. I'll be making these easy to make cookies again.
My mom used to make a similar cookie for the holidays and these reminded me a lot of those cookies. Very nice light flavored cookies! I did make sure the cookies were well cooled before dusting them with the powder sugar. Thank you katia!