Recipe by katia
I first eat them as a dessert in an Mexican restaurant in Athens. After a couple of years I found this recipe in a magazine. They taste a lot like Greek Kourambiedes.
- 350 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter with the sugar, add the yolk, the vanilla.
- Using hand to make the dough add the almonds and the flour until the dough is soft but not sticky.
- Make cookies at the size of a walnut and place in baking sheets.
- Bake at 325F for 30-35 minutes.
- Dust with the rest of the icing sugar.