Recipe by Baby Kato
Agua fresca's are Mexican fruit beverages. I love Agua Fresca's and these ones sound wonderful to me. these recipes are from Whats4eats. These refreshing beverages are typically served from large barrel-shaped glass containers. The lime juice adds a lovely tartness to the drink making it more refreshing. Some of the more traditional varieties are watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberry. I have given 6 fruit options, choose the fruit you like and enjoy!
- 3 cups strawberries, chopped coarsely (strawberry fresca)
- 3 cups melon, honey, chopped coarsely (honey melon fresca)
- 3 cups cantaloupes, chopped coarsely (cantaloupe fresca)
- 3 cups papayas, chopped coarsely (papaya fresca)
- 3 cups watermelon, chopped coarsely (watermelon fresca)
- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded (cucumber fresca)
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar, white
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the fruit and 2-3 cups of the water to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a large pitcher.
- Add the rest of water, 1/2 cup of sugar and the lime juice.
- Stir well and add more water and sugar if needed.
- Serve well chilled.