Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Agua fresca's are Mexican fruit beverages. I love Agua Fresca's and these ones sound wonderful to me. these recipes are from Whats4eats. These refreshing beverages are typically served from large barrel-shaped glass containers. The lime juice adds a lovely tartness to the drink making it more refreshing. Some of the more traditional varieties are watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberry. I have given 6 fruit options, choose the fruit you like and enjoy!
- 3 cups strawberries, chopped coarsely (strawberry fresca)
- 3 cups melon, honey, chopped coarsely (honey melon fresca)
- 3 cups cantaloupes, chopped coarsely (cantaloupe fresca)
- 3 cups papayas, chopped coarsely (papaya fresca)
- 3 cups watermelon, chopped coarsely (watermelon fresca)
- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded (cucumber fresca)
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar, white
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (optional)
- Add the fruit and 2-3 cups of the water to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a large pitcher.
- Add the rest of water, 1/2 cup of sugar and the lime juice.
- Stir well and add more water and sugar if needed.
- Serve well chilled.
This was unexpectedly delicious - I made with cukes from our garden! Thanks for a new summer cocktail! Made for ZWT 8
Yum, this is so refreshing, a perfect summer drink! I used the strawberry option this time, but will certainly be trying other options in the future. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
This is the first time I have ever had Mexican-Agua Fresca. It is so tasty and refreshing! While over at our neighbors house for a fire last week, he mentioned how there are no good Mexican restaurants here in Northern WI (I must agree). I told him that we would have to have him and his girlfriend over for dinner and I would fix Mexican food. When I came across this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try as it would be a wonderful addition to our upcoming dinner. So glad I did! It will definitely be on the menu for the night! I made it with strawberries, the full amount of water, a little less sugar then the recipe calls for and I threw one lime in the blender too. I plan to make Agua Fresca with watermelon later this week to see which version my family enjoys the most. Thanks for another keeper BK. Made and reviewed for AUS/NZ Swap #54.