1/1 Photo of Mexican 9-Layer Dip
Sue Lau's Note:
Another version of the classic dip. This one with no beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 3 avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped green onion
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro (parsley ok)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 236.59 ml sliced black olives
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- 1Note: You can easily change the amounts given in the layers to suit your taste or omit a layer if you don't care for it, or add a layer, such as beans, if you prefer.
- 2Brown meat in skillet with garlic; drain away any fat; add 1/2 envelope taco seasoning and 2 tbsp water and mix together, set aside and allow to cool.
- 3Spread the beef in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 4Mix the avocado with the lemon juice and spread over the beef.
- 5Mix the mayo with the remaining taco seasoning and spread over the guacamole.
- 6Layer the Monterrey Jack, then the green onions, the cilantro, the tomatoes, the black olives, then finally with the cheddar cheese.
- 7Serve dip with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican 9-Layer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.9
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 593.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 13.9 g