Another version of the classic dip. This one with no beans.
Make and share this Mexican 9-Layer Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (parsley ok)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Note: You can easily change the amounts given in the layers to suit your taste or omit a layer if you don't care for it, or add a layer, such as beans, if you prefer.
- Brown meat in skillet with garlic; drain away any fat; add 1/2 envelope taco seasoning and 2 tbsp water and mix together, set aside and allow to cool.
- Spread the beef in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix the avocado with the lemon juice and spread over the beef.
- Mix the mayo with the remaining taco seasoning and spread over the guacamole.
- Layer the Monterrey Jack, then the green onions, the cilantro, the tomatoes, the black olives, then finally with the cheddar cheese.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips.